I'm Nazmul. I work as a Technical SEO Analyst at Giant Marketers, helping clients with all things related to technical SEO and the latest developments...Read more
Product carousels find their maximum use in websites that rely heavily on visuals, for example, eCommerce sites with multi-product. It is a great way to save time, space, and clicks by showcasing all the products according to your preferences.
Not only it will make your WooCommerce site well-organized, but it will also help in improving user engagement. So, if you are looking for how to display WooCommerce product slider carousel on homepage, this is the perfect guide for you.
Here, we will show you all the steps in detail to add product carousels to your site. So, are you ready to boost the product page’s performance? Then let’s dive in.
What Is a Product Carousel?
A product carousel slider is a slideshow of product images in WordPress that helps to show several slides next to each other simultaneously. It lets you alter the way of displaying products to the user by sliding the images automatically at a certain motion, speed, and time.
If your site includes multiple products to display, the products’ carousel will come in handy. When it comes to comparing things like products or offers on your homepage, the product carousel works the best. You can incorporate carousels in your WooCommerce site’s product page’s recommendations section.
This way, you can showcase the selection of related pages without requiring the users to leave the page. Apart from that, you can improve the usability by showcasing detailed product shots, which allows the buyers to access the additional perspective shots. This helps the buyers to make a purchasing decision quickly.
Here are some other reasons for putting a product slider carousel on your homepage-
- It helps your homepage to create an instant impression on the users.
- Boost your WooCommerce site’s web design and user experience.
- You can engage your potential users by featuring the product highlights on your homepage.
- Support your main content with visual materials
- Allows to display multiple offers
- You can effectively draw the audience’s attention and keep them engaged.
- Show text snippets aesthetically.
- Make the home page able to promote your products.
How to Display WooCommerce Product Slider Carousel on Homepage
Now that you know what product slider carousel is and its benefits, let’s find out the processes for how to display WooCommerce product slider carousel on homepage.
To display the product slider carousel on your homepage, you will need to use a plugin. In this guide, we will use the WooCommerce Product Slider plugin. With this plugin, you can effectively add a slider carousel on your homepage with its shortcode. So, let’s find out how it works.
Step 1: Install the Plugin
- Log in to your Website Dashboard.
- Select Plugins from the left sidebar of WordPress the Dashboard.
- From the dropdown options, choose to add New.
- Type “WooCommerce Product Slider” in the search field on the right side.
- Once you get the plugin, click on Install Now, and after the successful installation, click on Activate.
After activating the plugin, you are ready to add a product slider carousel to your homepage, post, widget, or anywhere you like.
Step 2: Generate Sliders Shortcode
As soon as you activate the plugin, you will see the Product Slider menu on your WordPress dashboard.
- So, click Product Slider > Manage Sliders, then Click on the Add New button, or you can directly select the Add New menu from the dropdown options.
- Then write down the Title in the Add New Gallery box, which will be used as a Section Title for your Slider.
- Scroll down to the Select Specific Products option and select some products by entering 3 or more characters.
- Next, you can do some customization if required.
- Lastly, click on Publish, and the Shortcode will appear at the bottom of the published button.
Step 3: Use the Shortcode
Once you get the generated shortcode, simply copy it and do the following-
- Go to your homepage and add the shortcode button anywhere you want by clicking the (+) button.
- Search for the shortcode button and click on it.
- After that, paste the shortcode into the box.
- Lastly, click on Update to save the changes.
Note: You can use the slider shortcode to your post, page, or anywhere on your site. In fact, the shortcode can be inserted in the text, code, or shortcode block of your site’s page builder.
Step 4: Customize Your Product Carousel
Using this plugin, you can freely customize the carousel’s general settings, controls, and typography. For example,
- Show/Hide section title, slider pagination, slider navigation, thumbnails, names, price, and buttons of products.
- Set the number of slides per view, margin-bottom, duration of transition between slides, slider autoplay, etc.
- Change the color.
- On/off google font for the section title, video title, and video description.
- Set section title font properties. Video title font properties, video description font, properties, and post meta font properties.
This is not the end, and there are many more options available for you. You just need to modify or customize them as your own need and click on the Update button.
There is no donut that a product slider carousel is one of the wonderful methods to display and promote your WooCommerce products. Using this, you can greatly improve your site’s user experience and user engagement as well, which results in more conversions and sales.
Here, in this article, we have shared the entire process of how to display WooCommerce product slider carousel on homepage. We hope this will help you to showcase your website’s products in the best way possible and boost your sales.
With that being said, we would like to hear about your real-time experience. So, if you have already used the product slider carousel on your website, you can share your experience with us. Also, you can leave a comment with any kind of query regarding this topic.