I'm Nazmul. I work as a Technical SEO Analyst at Giant Marketers, helping clients with all things related to technical SEO and the latest developments...Read more
Are you still figuring out the post layout plugin for your WordPress site?
Well, then you don’t have to look anywhere else, as I have come up with the 15 best-handpicked post layout plugin for you. We all know that, if you want to engage more and more visitors to your website, you must have a website that performs really well and ensures a great user experience.
And when it comes to user experience, using post layouts on your website is one of the effective factors. It comes in handy to display your website posts in a professional, elegant, engaging, and most presentable way. So, let’s explore all the best post layout plugin WordPress and get the most suitable one.
What To Look For While Selecting The Best Post Layout Plugins For WordPress?
But, with tons of options for both top and newly added plugins, it can be tough to decide which one to pick or which plugin will be ideal for your site. In that case, without wasting your time, you should focus on planning to determine how to niche down your choices and get the most suitable plugin.
So, whether you are going to build a new blog or optimize your existing one when it comes to choosing the best post layout plugin, there are some factors that should be taken into consideration.
So, before heading to the plugin list, let’s take a look at what things you need to keep in mind when you go to find a post layout plugin.
1. Type Of Post:
Typically, WordPress post layout plugins are designed for different types of content and purpose. For example, some layouts can be used to display only the images on your gallery, some are for news websites, and some are for magazines, travel, or any other blog posts.
In this case, you need to determine, for which specific blog posts you need this layout plugin. This will help you to narrow down the list. However, choosing a multipurpose post layout plugin will be great, as you can use it in more than one way.
2. The Appearance Of The Layout:
We all know that the primary purpose of using a post layout plugin is to display your WordPress website’s blog posts with a presentable and appealing look.
Thus, you have to select a plugin that brings mesmerizing, well-decorated, and clean post layouts, which makes it different from other plugins. Your plugin should come in sleek, minimalist, and clutter-free layouts to help you display your posts in the best way possible.
3. Responsiveness Of The Layout:
According to Statista, “Mobile accounts for approximately half of the web traffic worldwide. In the fourth quarter of 2021, mobile devices (excluding tablets) generated 54.4 percent of global website traffic.” While another study founds that “63 percent of Google’s US organic search traffic originated from mobile devices.”
This is the main reason that bloggers should focus on the responsiveness and visual appeal of their post layout for all types of screen sizes. So, you should go for that particular post layout plugin that ensures fully responsive layouts for all devices.
4. User-Friendly Interface:
User perspective plays a vital role, as the same plugin may seem complicated to use for one user, while another one will find it really easy to use. In that case, if you choose a plugin that is multifunctional it may help you to relieve the complexity.
5. Flexible Customization:
You need to search for a plugin with all necessary and frequently used layouts as well as flexible customization so that you are not limited when it comes to building a post block.
Plugins that come in several customization options with quick interpretation to meet your needs are considered to be the best ones. Numerous and convenient edit options make it more effective and help you create a useful layout to display your posts.
6. Ratings And Reviews:
Considering the user reviews and ratings are the most common and efficient way to assess the functionality and effectiveness of a plugin. So, how many people use a plugin is not the main factor, as there are some new plugins that are worth using, but they do not have more users. But, the opinion of the users is essential to know when choosing a plugin.
Now, let’s move ahead to my best WordPress post layout plugin list.
Best Post Layout Plugin WordPress
If you publish blogs on your WordPress site on a regular basis, you may find it difficult to showcase them in the right way. In this case, using post layout plugins can ensure having a framework to organize all your website’s posts. At the same time, your visitors will also find it easy to navigate your posts.
So, here are the best post layout plugin WordPress that you can use to improve the visual appeal of your WordPress website and make the post digestible to the readers.
So, the number 1 plugin in our list is the Gutenberg post blocks plugin developed by WPQode. This plugin is all about adding post grid layout and filters for your Gutenberg post and making them stand out on your website. So, if you are looking for a user-friendly way to display your WordPress blog posts, especially in grid and post group layouts, this plugin is the perfect one for you.
I found the post group layout much more effective to showcase similar posts in a group. You can create several groups by specifying their categories. This way, you can create distinct and well-organized posts which users will find easy to navigate.
Besides, you will get numerous setting options to customize your posts just the way you want. This plugin is perfect for news, review articles, personal blogs, recipes, magazines, travel, lifestyle, and some other types of blog posts. It has a solid built and efficient post grid management which makes this Gutenberg post blocks plugin one of the trusted WordPress post layout plugins.
With its beautiful layout collection and straightforward customization options, you will find it really convenient to display your website posts in the most attractive way. No need to have any technical knowledge of coding.
Gutenberg Post Blocks’ Features
- Offers layouts in grids, lists, and overlays.
- Allows enabling pagination for your grid.
- The layout of your grid is responsive to any sized device.
- Display post title, meta, description, button, reading time, author, etc.
- Show or hide post excerpt also allows specifying excerpt word count.
- You can set columns, rows, and gaps between them.
- Display posts in descending or ascending manner
- Set post queries between random posts or popular posts.
- Multiple typography options and unlimited color customization options.
- Fully lightweight and optimized for SEO.
Gutenberg Post Blocks’ Pricing
The best part is, you can get all these absolutely free. In fact, this plugin offers other advanced features in the Pro version, so if you want to access all the amazing features, you can go for the Pro version.
This plugin is specially designed to add layouts to your WordPress posts without requiring any coding. It is a versatile plugin that comes in Masonry, Grid, and List layout types with 3 different variants for each layout. This WP blog post layouts plugin is compatible with both Gutenberg and eliminator.
With this plugin, you can style your blog post just like you want, as it provides full control over customization. From rearranging the posts to configuring the colors, setting content length, customizing typography, and so on, you can make sure a personal touch to almost everything in your posts.
WP Blog Post Layouts’ Features
- Display posts in specific categories.
- Allows ordering your posts.
- You can specify the number of posts to display.
- Enable/Disable the custom typography option.
- Multiple archive columns.
WP Blog Post Layouts’ Pricing
It is a free plugin. It also has a premium version with 20+ post layouts, multiple variants of each layout, and several other advanced features.
The custom layouts plugin is designed to build a list or grid layout of any post type. You will get all the necessary options to create lists and grids of your website posts and products through this layout editor. With its lots of customization options like column, item spacing, masonry, pagination, and all the visual editing experience, you can easily create a unique and elegant post block.
This plugin also comes with a query builder that allows you to select the posts you want and order them in a variety of ways. In fact, using this useful plugin, you can make a post grid, portfolio grid, custom post type layouts, and popular and recent post widgets.
The best part is, with the drag and drop editor, you can design individual templates, and by linking them with your layouts, you can conveniently build amazing beautiful post designs.
Custom Layouts’ Features
- Tons of design options to build the layout
- Add numbered pagination.
- Powerful query builder lets you order your posts.
- Setting tags, categories, custom taxonomy restrictions, authors, etc.
- Build for speed and optimized to perform better.
- Multilingual ready.
- Shortcode is available.
Custom Layouts’ Pricing
This simple yet effective plugin is 100% free to use.
Otter by ThemeIsle is a Gutenberg page builder block plugin that can help you to display a list of your most recent posts in a beautiful layout. It is a lightweight WordPress plugin that brings extra Gutenberg blocks to your site to make the posts even more appealing to the viewers.
So, if you are looking to bring the best out of your Gutenberg editor, this useful and easy-to-use plugin is there for you. You can add Masonry layout Gallery; instead, Grid and list styled layout and design it with featured image, title, meta, category, and description. You will have full control over your post styles and appearance with Otter’s advanced customization options.
- Two styling options to display posts (Grid or List).
- You can choose the image size and excerpt limits.
- Set the column, order, category, and item numbers.
- Helps you to add the feature image.
- Show/hide the title, meta, category, and description.
- Provide color and typography controls.
This amazing and feature-rich plugin is absolutely free.
PostX is one of the finest plugins for personal, news, magazine, review, travel, fashion, food, recipes, and some other blog websites. This plugin makes it super easy and quick to create and customize website posts with its excellent suite of layouts. With its ultimate design settings, you can change your post block’s designs most conveniently.
So, if you are looking to make your website post look visually appealing with a professional as well as elegant look, you can go with this plugin. With this, you can add a post grid, list, module, slider, and many other types of layouts to showcase your posts.
The best part about this plugin is that each and every setting of this plugin is visually editable in Gutenberg post blocks. You can make the most out of your website post with the combination of its beautiful layouts and various ready-made designs.
- 100+ ready-made block designs and 19+ starter packs.
- Post grid with ultimate control.
- Well-optimized for speed and fully responsive for any size device.
- You will have full control over customization options.
- No coding skill requires using this plugin.
- RTL ready that is suitable for all languages.
PostX comes in both free and premium versions. While the free version allows you to use 11+ layouts, the premium version lets you use 40+ layouts with many more advanced features.
Best of all, with the pro version, you are fully protected with a 100% 14-days No-Risk money-back Guarantee.
As the name implies, the Guten post layout plugin helps you to design your web page/post’s layout with its advanced post layout collections. With its cutting-edge and super-advanced setting panel, you can build your posts more organized just the way you want.
It is a fully functional plugin that doesn’t require you to go through any coding. Considering the need of both developers and the common users, it comes with the most realistic setting panel and Layout Tab. You will get to use 4 types of layouts using this plugin. And these are-:
- Grid Layout
- Slider Layout
- List Layout and
- Masonry Layout
Here’s what the slider layout posts look like-
Guten Post Layouts Features
- You can choose from similar Categories, Tags, IDs, etc.
- Order posts by date, title, menu order, or randomly.
- Arrange the posts to be in ascending or descending.
- Show/hide featured images, post category, meta, icons, author, date, comments, and many more.
- Enable the “Read More” button or can replace this button name with your own words.
- Enable or disable pagination.
- Allows creating any post grid or slider from any custom posts types.
Guten Post Layouts’ Pricing
You can use this plugin for free that offers 6 Different Layouts. But if you want to access its advanced and premium 15+ built-in layouts, you can go with the Pro version of this plugin. The pro version comes in three different packages for all kinds of businesses.
7. GutenBee – Gutenberg Blocks
Gutenbee is a Gutenberg block plugin that comes in elegant layouts to enhance your website post’s look. Usually, this plugin’s block option can be split into three sections, for example, the styles, query, and layout. That means, using this super convenient and user-friendly plugin, you can easily create a beautiful grid layout for any of your website posts or pages.
Best of all, using this plugin, you can select between predefined block styles, and this will change your displayed post grid’s appearance totally. Displaying items in flexible grids and lists with customization queries and category filtering has become quite easy and time-saving using this plugin.
- Helps to display your testimonials with multiple layouts.
- Select the number of columns for your grid.
- Choose between a normal or an inline list.
- Allows you to set a label for the button on each post type item
- Choose between the default or a rounded layout for the image.
- Enable or disable grid gutters, and toggle the category filtering buttons.
It is 100% free of cost.
The stackable plugin comes in very powerful custom blocks, ready-made designs, UI kits, global settings, and advanced customization options. With all these features, it becomes one of the finest companions of Gutenberg editor to make your page building experience much more efficient and convenient as well.
Its blog posts Gutenberg block for WordPress is an all-in-one solution to transform your latest blog articles using great layouts. With this plugin’s dozens of block layout variations, you can design your blog posts like a pro. You just need to choose from the following Stackable Design Library’s layout options-
- Default layout
- List layout
- Image card layout and a highlighted post category
- Horizontal 2 layout and post categories toggled off
- Portfolio 2 layout and a blue overlay color
- Vertical card
- Vertical card 2 layout and meta & category toggled off.
It doesn’t matter if you are a blogger, merchant, developer, or designer; you can start with the building block of all page layouts.
- Display specific posts or categories
- Add a featured image, meta, category, title, excerpt, read more link, etc., to the layout.
- Order content by publish date, alphabetical order, last modified, menu order, or randomly
- Customization options for layout background, size & spacing, borders & shadows
- Options to set transform & transition effects, and filter by taxonomy
- You can add load more blocks and any other pagination blocks.
You can use this amazing and feature-rich plugin absolutely free. The version comes in 33 block layout. Whereas, it also comes in a Pro version, including 87 layouts and many more advanced functionalities and customization options.
Stackable Premium has 4 different pricing packages for all business types. Best of all, it offers a 14-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
The post layout plugin for Gutenberg comes in a bunch of amazing post layouts and advanced styling options. If you are looking for an easy and standalone Gutenberg solution to add layout and unique templates to your blog posts, this one can be another great solution.
It’s perfect for making your news, fashion, magazine, the latest trend, or blog website’s posts section more intuitive. All the 5 layouts of this plugin are stunning, responsive, and creative, and are capable to showcase your posts with a filter-like category-wise as well as robust designs.
From beginner to expert bloggers or freelancers will find this plugin one of the distinct solutions to display their website posts in different unique styles.
Post Layouts For Gutenberg’s’ Features
- Each layout or template is ready with viable options to change anytime.
- You can control the style of your post columns from 2 to 4 using the Grid layout.
- Fully responsive for any devices
- Display social share buttons with various styles and effects.
- Show/hide multiple post meta.
- Order your posts by – Newest to Oldest, Oldest to Newest, A → Z, Z → A
- ‘Read More’ Text Option to Choose and Change
Post Layouts For Gutenberg’s’ Pricing
It is a free plugin with 5 different layouts, where 2 are grid layout templates, and the other 2 are list layout templates.
On the other side, the Post Layout Pro comes in 10 Grid and 5 List layout Templates. So, if you want to access all these layouts, you can go for the pro version.
Advanced Post Block is a powerful yet lightweight plugin for the Gutenberg editor. It is packed with lots of features and layouts to help you display your posts or custom posts on your WordPress site and achieve your goals. With this simple but effective plugin, you can showcase all your website posts in a beautiful and professional way.
Using its Grid, Slider, and Masonry grid layout, you can conveniently add values to your website post. In fact, you can make the most out of your posts and display them in the best way possible with its various sub layouts. Here are the sub layouts of the main three layouts of the Advanced Post Block plugin-
- Grid – Default, Title Meta, Left Image, Right Image, Overlay, Overlay on Hover, and Overlay Box layout
- Masonry – Default, Title Meta, Left Image, Right Image, Overlay, Overlay on Hover, and Overlay Box layout.
- Slider – Left Image, Right Image, Overlay, Overlay on Hover, and Overlay Box layout.
Advanced Post Blocks’ Features
- Compatible with any device with any screen size.
- Filter posts by queries like post type, categories, posts per page, and post order.
- Show/Hide and customize post elements.
- Custom read more labels with normal or hover color, including typography.
- Enable or disable the feature image and also the link.
Advanced Post Blocks’ Pricing
Advanced post block plugin is a free-to-use plugin that allows you to access its three main layouts.
In contrast, the paid version of this plugin comes with the options for horizontal or vertical, left image, right image, overlay, overlay on hover, and overlay box ticker layout with additional functionalities.
Display post types is a simple to use, flexible, and efficient plugin. The simplicity of this plugin is great, which beginners find really convenient. No shortcode is required to create beautiful and responsive posts using the layouts.
This plugin helps you to display your post in grid, record, or slider layouts quickly. It is one of the simplest ways to display and fetch a set of posts, web pages, or any custom blog post type of website.
Display Post Types’ Features
- Adds filter and sort buttons to fetch any post, page, or post type.
- Decide what content to be shown.
- The layouts include various customization alternatives.
- Live preview of each customization change on the display post types block.
- Display post types in widgets.
Display Post Types’ Pricing
This amazing plugin is 100% free to use.
Everything requires building a beautiful website and creating appealing post blocks with Gutenberg blocks; you will get almost everything with this ultimate add-ons for Gutenberg plugin. It is a complete package that can help you to create super-fast post blocks with a creative library of powerful layouts, ready-made templates, ready-to-customized styles, and more.
Additionally, for a true page builder experience, you will get the additional blocks and the layout and design functionality that you will require. With this plugin, you will get to experience 100% design freedom. You can customize almost everything as you want and give a personal touch to your website.
From beginners to marketers, web professionals, agencies, non-coders, and designers, everyone will find this plugin useful to display their website posts in a professional and elegant way. Besides, showcasing your posts with its easy-to-customize options, well-designed blocks, and block layouts is a matter of a few minutes.
Ultimate Addons’ Features
- Style your posts with a timeline, grid, carousel, and masonry, or dropdown layout
- Display your post/pages or custom post types categories.
- Several customization options to manage the layout look.
- Order the blog posts according to the dates.
- Manage and customize the layout using spacing, background, border, and advanced setting options.
- Built for speed and performance.
Ultimate Addons’ Pricing
It’s a free plugin.
Gutentor is a Gutenberg block plugin that has been developed with all necessary customization features for blocks to achieve any possible layout. Now, building professional post blocks with Gutenberg block editor using Gutentor’s layout won’t be a big deal.
Using this plugin is very easy and flexible as there is no need for coding. Just a few clicks, drag and drop of elements, so some customization, and it will be done. You can display your WordPress site’s posts with a list and grid view with a different template. It includes-
- 3 Grid layouts
- 2 List layouts
- A lightweight plugin optimized for performance.
- Advanced query section with several post customization options.
- Order your post with Ascending or Descending.
- Specify the number of posts to show.
- Post Excerpt Length in Words or Characters
- Animation options.
This plugin is entirely free.
Qubely is a full-fledged Gutenberg block that comes in with plenty of custom blocks and modern layout packs to minimize the Gutenberg editor’s limitations. You can conveniently display your website posts in different grids and list layouts using this plugin.
With its user-friendly customization features and advanced functionalities, you can experience unlimited possibilities to design and display your website posts. The best thing about this plugin is that using this one; you can take full control of your website design and apply out-of-the-box styling options for your blog posts.
It includes the following stunning layout options to choose from for your WordPress website’s posts.
- Grid Layout – Default, Card View, Stack View, and Overlay View
- List Layout – Default view, Card View, Stack View, and Overlay View
- Define post number.
- Allows to style the feature image,
- Helps in tweaking the typography and customizing control spacing.
- Specify post excerpts to show.
- Fully responsive for desktop, mobile, and tablet.
This plugin is free. It also offers advanced post grid and list layout options with its Pro version.
The pro version of Qubely provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you can get a suitable pro package for you without any hesitation.
If you are looking to build a professional website using a feature-rich plugin, then the publishpress block plugin can be the best option for you, as it has almost everything that you will require. With its content display block, you will get to use several beautiful layouts to display your website posts and pages.
This plugin comes in dozens of page builder layouts to choose from. These layout options are-
The best part is that all these layouts are flexible to customize and allow you to add different types of data. For example, you can add posted dates, updated dates, authors, excerpts, images, intro text, comments, and more.
Publishpress Blocks Gutenberg Editors’ Features
- Each one is customizable and fully responsive for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- 2 layouts for the Woo Products block: the Grid and Slider views.
- A lot of options to order your posts, like, newest to oldest, oldest to newest, A → Z, Z → A, post ID descending or ascending, comments decreasing order or increasing order, or randomly.
- Filter posts include categories, tags, number of posts, and many more.
- You can include or exclude elements as per your need.
Publishpress Blocks Gutenberg Editors’ Pricing
You can have this plugin for free. It also has a pro version with a reasonable price range. So, if you want to access all its features and functionalities, the pro packages can help you out.
How Do I Use The WordPress Blog Post Layouts Plugin?
So, these are the post layout plugins on my list. Now that you have an idea about the plugins, let’s see how you can add layouts to your blog posts using the plugin. For this guide, I’m going to use the Gutenberg post blocks plugin by WPQode to modify my WordPress website’s posts.
So, here are the steps-
Step 1: Install And Activate The Gutenberg Post Blocks Plugin
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Head over to Plugins and click on it.
- Select Add New.
- Now, search for “Post Block WPQode” from the top right side search bar.
- Once you get the plugin, click on the “Install Now” button, and when done, simply activate
Step 2: Access The Post Block Plugin
Once you have finished the installation and activation process, it’s time to create a post block layout using the Gutenberg Post Blocks Plugin. So, let’s get started-
- The first thing you need to make sure of is that you are on block editor mode.
- Now, from your WordPress dashboard, click on Posts and then select “Add New.”
- Click on the (+) icon of your Gutenberg editor and type post block.
- Once you get the post block, click on it, and you will see your posts with the default layout.
- From there, go to the right-side menu bar and click on Block. Here you will find all the customization options of this plugin to design your post block.
Step 3: Configure The Global Control
So, this is what the global control menu looks like. From here, you can choose the layout for your post. And to do it-
- First, you need to click on the post layout’s Grid 1 button to get all the other layout options.
- From the dropdown menu, you will get to choose from 6 different layouts, including, grid, List, and Overlay layouts.
- So, choose the most suitable one for your post.
- Next, set the maximum width of your block, column number, column gap, row gap, and rounded corner size.
- In fact, you can specify the total number of posts you want to display.
- Finally, select the maximum words to excerpt.
Step 4: Customize The Query Setting
The advanced query setting options will let you customize your posts category-wise. For example, you can create a category list and then set one or multiple categories for your posts.
Apart from that, it will help you to order your posts with random posts or popular posts and then designates the ascending or descending order of the post query.
Next, you can specify the thumbnail size of your poster block as well as set the featured image’s maximum height. And, if you want, you can set a Read More Text, or if you want you can put your own words.
Step 5: Customize The Content Visibility, Color, Alignment, And Typography
Next up, you will have more options to customize your post block and layout as you see fit. For example, from the content visibility menu, you will get to enable or disable the following elements from your post layout.
On the other side, the color settings will offer you vast options to set the color of your posts’ body background, title, taxonomy, taxonomy background, meta, meta icon, descriptions, buttons, and all other elements on your layout.
Next, you can align the pagination of your posts block the way you want it to appear on your site. Finally, the typography settings let you customize all the titles, meta post buttons, and other elements.
From this menu, you can set the font size, font weight, line height, letter spacing, text-transform, icon size, author font size, and many more.
Once you are done with all the customization, simply publish the changes you have made, and the post layout will be added to your website post.
Which Is The Best Post Layout WordPress Plugin?
On that note, we’ve come to an end. We’ve covered some of the best post layout plugin WordPress in this article. Now, let me share my opinion, and I’ll recommend the following plugins-
- Gutenberg Post Blocks: A free, easy-to-use, and beginner-friendly post layout plugin with power-packed features.
- Publishpress Blocks Gutenberg: Have tons of functionality and stunning layouts to display your post.
- WP Blog Post Layouts: A simple but versatile plugin that lets you have full control to style blog posts exactly the way you want.
That’s all for this guide; we hope you have enjoyed it and found it useful. So, let us know which post layout plugin you are going to use on your WordPress site? Or, if you have already used any one of them or another one, you can share your experience by commenting below. We would love to hear from you.